Kcpe Results/Slip Download per School 2018
The Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) 2018 results are out. Kcpe 2018 candidates can now access their results real time from their mobile phones by using the short-code 20076. While releasing this year’s KCPE results, Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohamed urged parents and the candidates to use the short-code 20076 to access the marks. She also asked the head teachers to download and print the results for their respective schools.
Top two candidates, a boy and a girl, shared top slot in this year’s exam with 453 out of 500 marks as the number of candidates scoring 400 marks and above improved from 9,846 last year to 12,273.
All candidates who sat for Kcpe 2018 will join Secondary schools.
More than half of the 1,520,364 candidates who sat the exams scored over 250 marks. Female candidates performed better in English, Kiswahili and Sign Language. Male candidates excelled in Maths, Science, Social Studies and Religious Education.
Olive Mwea Wachira from Riara Group of Schools and Rawling Odhiambo from Kakamega Hills were declared the top two performers after each of them scored 453.
The overall performance improved significantly compared to 2017 results. The number of candidates who scored over 400 out of 500 marks jumped to 12, 273 from 9,846 in 2017, with 228,414 others scoring between 301 and 400 marks this year.
Candidates who scored between 201 and 300 marks were 573,927, whereas 234,573 received between 101 and 200 marks. Only 2,177 candidates scored between zero and 100 marks
Kcpe Results 2017
The Kcpe Results 2017 are out. Kcpe Examinations are conducted by The Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec). Candidates and Schools can download their Result Slips through Online Portal. Results came earlier as a result of 20 new scanning machines that were procured by Knec. The machines Reduced the work force by 50%. Only Kiswahili Insha and English composition were marked manually.
Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i released the results at Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development in the capital Nairobi and no cheating cases were recorded, he said.
How to Download Kcpe Result Slip 2017
Kcpe 2017 Candidates, Schools, Parents and guardians can access the results by sending an SMS with the candidate’s index number to the code 22252 or the Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) website.
This means all the 1,003,556 candidates who wrote the exams will receive their results.
Of the 1,003,556 candidates, 9,846 scored 400 marks and above out of the possible 500.
The top candidate, from a private school, scored 455 out of 500 marks, an 18-mark improvement from last year’s 437.
Last year 2016, the top candidate scored 437 marks. CS Matiang’i noted that the pupil would not have made it among the 20 highest scorers in 2017, stressing on the improvement witnessed in this year’s examination.
Special needs schools have produced six of the top 100 candidates.
Dr Matiang’i said public schools fared well in the exams and produced the second best candidate countrywide.
However, some 2, 360 learners failed to manage 100 marks.
The CS said all the over 9,000 candidates who managed 400 marks and above would join national secondary schools whether they sat the tests at a private or public exam centre.
Form One selection will start on December 4, 2017,” Dr Matiang’i said.
The release came almost a month earlier than previous years after marking was fast-tracked by optical machines.
The 20 new scanning machines, bought by the Kenya National Examinations Council (Knec) at a cost of Sh90 million, replaced 20 old scanners bought more than 17 years ago.
The machines reduced the work force by 50%. Only Kiswahili Insha and English composition were marked manually.
Kcpe Examination Guidelines 2017
Instructions to Supervisors and Invigilators
Supervisors and invigilators should call the attention of the candidates to the Instructions/Guidelines and adhere to them. They should also ensure that candidates are issued with answer sheets that have the correct names and index numbers.
Instructions to the Teachers
TEACHERS are advised to ensure that candidates clearly understand the instructions given below and are aware of the penalties for examination irregularities or misconduct. Candidates are required to follow these instructions carefully.
Instructions to Kcpe Candidates
- Avail yourself for searching outside the examination room and be seated at your desk/table 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the paper. Morning sessions will start at 8.30 a.m.
- A candidate who arrives late will be required to give a satisfactory reason to the Supervisor. Only in exceptional circumstances will a paper be given to any candidate who is more than half an hour late. Punctuality should be observed for all papers.
- As soon as notice is given to stop, check to ensure that your name and index number have been written and crossed correctly on the answer sheet.
- Check to ensure that each page of your question paper is printed.
- Withdrawal from the examination should have been notified to the KNEC before 31st May 2017.
Kcpe Examination Room 2017
- Do not leave a sheet of paper you have written on or your answers in such a position that another candidate can read them. You should not give or obtain unfair assistance, or attempt to do so, whether by copying or in any other way, and your work should not show proof of such unfair assistance.
- No communication whatsoever in whatever manner between candidates or with outsiders is allowed during the examination.
- You are not allowed to have in your possession or in your proximity while in the examination room, any book, notes, papers or any other materials whatsoever except the correct question papers and any materials expressly authorized by the Kenya National Examinations Council.
- You must return immediately to the Supervisor any question paper that has smudges, has errors or is badly printed.
- You must not take any used or unused writing paper out of the examination room. Any rough work must be done on the official question paper, if not to be submitted with the answers, must be left on the desk to be collected by the Supervisor and destroyed.
- Any misconduct or causing of disturbance in or near the examination room will be treated as an examination irregularity.
- Cell phones or any other electronic communication device are prohibited in examination centres. Any candidate caught in possession of a cell phone/any other electronic communication device will have his/her results cancelled.
Penalty for Examination Irregularities 2017
The KNEC Act No. 29 of 2012 Offences and Penalties stated in Sections 27 to 40 for cases of examination irregularities will apply. Some of the highlights in these Sections state that:
- A candidate who commits an examination irregularity in any paper will have the results for the WHOLE SUBJECT cancelled. Such a candidate will not be entitled to a result for the subject. This will be reflected as (00).
- If there is evidence of wide-spread irregularities in any examination centre, the examination results for the whole centre will be cancelled.
Kcpe Results Grading
81 – 100 A
74 – 80 A-
67 – 73 B+
60 – 66 B
53 – 59 B-
46 – 52 C+
39 – 45 C
32 – 38 C-
25 – 31 D+
18 – 24 D
11 – 17 D-
07 – 10 E
|GRADE||SCALE||GRADE DESCRIPTION||US GRADE|
|A||70.00 – 100.00||First Class Honours||A|
|B||60.00 – 69.00||Second Class Honours (Upper)||A-|
|C||50.00 – 59.00||Second Class Honours (Lower)||B|
|D||40.00 – 49.00||Pass||C|
|E||0.00 – 39.00||Fail||F|
KCSE (Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education)
|A||80.00 – 100.00||A|
|A-||75.00 – 79.99||A-|
|B+||70.00 – 74.99||B+|
|B||65.00 – 69.99||B|
|B-||60.00 – 64.99||B-|
|C+||55.00 – 59.99||C+|
|C||50.00 – 54.99||C|
|C-||45.00 – 49.99||C-|
|D+||40.00 – 44.99||D+|
|D||35.00 – 39.99||D|
|D-||30.00 – 34.99||D-|
|F||0.00 – 29.99||F|
Most Common Grading
|A||70.00 – 100.00||A|
|A-||65.00 – 69.99||A-|
|B+||60.00 – 64.99||B+|
|B||50.00 – 59.99||B|
|C+||45.00 – 49.99||C+|
|C||40.00 – 44.99||C|
|F||0.00 – 39.99||F|
Most Common Secondary Level
|A-||11.00 – 11.99||A|
|B+||10.00 – 10.99||A-|
|B||9.00 – 9.99||B+|
|B-||8.00 – 8.99||B|
|C+||7.00 – 7.99||C+|
|C||6.00 – 6.99||C|
|C-||5.00 – 5.99||C-|
|D+||4.00 – 4.99||D|
|D||3.00 – 3.99||D|
|D-||2.00 – 2.99||D|
|E||1.00 – 1.99||F|