You have passion for working with wildlife management organizations and conservation management organizations but you don’t know what step to take? Then, KWSTI is the best place to study in 2019 and gain the relevant skills to work in those organizations.
The employment chance is high when you have a certificate or diploma from the Kenya wildlife service training institute.
Kwsti September 2019 intake is ongoing therefore here is a chance for you to get out of your comfort zone and apply .
Location and environment
The institute is located 90 km southwest of the city of Nairobi.
It is situated in a serene, pristine and scenic site that is ideal for training in wildlife management, tourism and hospitality management, and fisheries.
An abundance of wildlife roams the institute grounds that include giraffe, impala, wildebeest, waterbuck, zebra, eland, buffalo, warthog and hippopotamus.
The institute land has a lake Naivasha frontage where a fisheries teaching annex is located.
There are three teaching campsites, a restaurant, guest rooms, guest houses, museum, an aquarium and nature trail for practical training.
There are two intakes in a year: April and September
The institute has limited student accommodation because of this prospective students are advised to apply separately for accommodation as this is very competitive.
Student clubs and societies
The following clubs/societies exist for students to join and participate wholeheartedly to refresh their minds
- Environment club
- Wildlife club
- Red cross club
- Karate club
- Christian Union
- Praise and worship
- Muslim society
KWSTI offers diplomas in:
- Wildlife Management
- Fisheries and aquatic Sciences
- Environment Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
and craft certificates in:
- Community Wildlife Management
- Nature Interpretation and Tour Administration
The institute has excellent sports facilities. There exists a world class swimming pool, a football pitch, netball pitch, basketball pitch, two lawn tennis pitches and table tennis, badminton, billiards, etc.
Students are encouraged to engage in sports.
There also is a track for track events such as running so the institute holds an annual sports day where student cohorts compete with each other and winning teams are awarded.
Nairobi Technical Training Institute September 2019 intake
Diploma and Certificate Courses
Kwsti is registered with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology as a TVET institution.
KWSTI provides specialized training in Natural Resource Management and Tourism Development in an effort to enhance Conservation, Management and Sustainability of Wildlife Bio-diversity in Kenya and globally.
At kwsti ,courses are offered at Certificate and Diploma levels with curricula designed on Competency-based basis with Modules of Employable Skills (MES), when desired.
DIPLOMA (Each packed into variable modules). Duration – 18 Months (4 Semesters)
- Diploma in Environmental Management (Environmental Education Assistant, Environmental Health & Safety Assistant)
- Diploma in Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences (Fisheries Extension Officer, Fish Gear Technician)
- Diploma in Tourism & Hospitality Management (Tours & Travel Administration, Hospitality Supervision, Tourism Enterprise Development Marketing)
- Diploma in Wildlife Management.
Minimum Entry Requirement
- KCSE Mean Grade C- (minus) or its equivalent OR
- Completed and passed a relevant Certificate course OR
- KCVET with grade C- (minus) as mean aggregate or three years working experience in the relevant fields and a minimum of D+ (plus) or its equivalent OR KCSE D+ (plus) and three years working experience in relevant field.
CERTIFICATE (Each packed into variable modules). Duration – 9 Months (2 Semesters)
- Certificate in Aquaculture (Fish Farming Assistant, Farm Operations Assistant)
- Certificate in Community Wildlife Management.
- Certificate in Nature Interpretation & Tour Administration (Touristic Field Naturalist, Tour Administration)
Minimum Entry Requirement
- KCSE mean Grade of D (plain) or its equivalent OR equivalent with at least 3 years working experience in relevant fields.
Call for interested and qualified candidates for September 2019 intake to send their fully filled application forms including the copies of academic certificates and national identity card copies/passport/birth certificates.
The applications must be accompanied with a bank slip showing deposit of Ksh. 2000 non-refundable application fees for East Africans and US$ 40 for others.
Our account details are;
KCB Naivasha Account no.1105267024.
Fee structure for KWSTI 2019
The tuition fee per semester is Ksh.55000 for citizens of East Africa and US$1,130 other nationalities.
For Students Courses, contact:
Tel No. +254-700 000 321