Announcing the September 2019 EAC-KFW Masters Scholarships at Kenyatta University, Kenya. In 2018, the Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) and the East African Community (EAC) entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with German Development Bank (KFW) geared towards the training of students at postgraduate level within the East African Community.
The goal of this programme is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster EAC regional integration. This goal will be partly achieved through the establishment of academic collaboration and an exchange programme between institutions/universities within the EAC region, by supporting students to study in countries other than their own.
This will enable them to interact with different societies, communities, and cultures, thus empowering them in leadership skills based on knowledge acquisition and social interaction.
Students from the East African Community (EAC) are invited to apply for scholarships to pursue KFW funded Masters Scholarships at Kenyatta University
Deadline for submitting Application for scholarships:
1st August 2019, 17:00 hours, East Africa Time
Deadline for submitting Application for admission to Kenyatta University:
24th July, 2019.
Programmes hosting the EAC-KFW MSc scholarships at Kenyatta University are listed below. The admission requirements for each programme can be accessed through the provided link:
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Crop Protection (Plant Pathology)
- Master of Science in Integrated Soil Fertility Management
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
The following are the mandatory requirements: Applicants should:
a) Be citizens of a partner state of the East African Community;
b) Possess the required academic qualifications for admission to the programme.
c) Submit a well written motivation letter in English elaborating on the following:
- Motivation for wanting to pursue the Masters Programme chosen in section 2 above
- Foreseen professional engagement in EAC Integration agenda after completing the Masters studies.
- Expected application of the acquired skills and knowledge from the Masters Programme to contribute to the EAC Integration Agenda
- Personal professional and academic vision in the next 5 to 10 years
Note: Please note that all the above should be covered in one letter of not more than 500 words
d) Be below 35 years of age
e) Apply to study in an EAC Partner State other than their country of citizenship.
Applications will be submitted through the following process and steps:
1. Identify the programme of your choice at kenyatta University (list of FIVE funded programmes is above) (www.ku.ac.ke)
2. Fill the application form for admission to Kenyatta University. Guidelines are available at: (https://applications.ku.ac.ke/registration/public/index.php/index)
3. Fill an application form for the scholarship (available on the IUCEA website at
4. Append the supporting documentation for the admission as per university
requirements and for the scholarship as per section 7 below;
5. Submit both application forms electronically to the University and copy to the
following email addresses:
Please find the following additional documents on the scholarship:
In case of any enquiries, please contact:
Director, Research Support and Dissemination, Kenyatta University
Tel: Office +254 20 8704054
Or Florence +254711216945
And cc: Dr. Maina Mwangi, email@example.com ; Tel: +254710860550