Nigeria Scholarship Announements
The Kenyan High Commission in Nigeria has informed the Ministry of Education on two (2) offers for Post-graduate Diploma (PGD) programmes from Obafemi Awolowo University in Osun State, Nigeria beginning 15th January, 2018 through the African Regional Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in English (ARCSSTE – E).
The programme aims at building capacities in scientific research and space science technology applications, as was mandated by the UN-Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA) in 1998.
- The areas of study include:
- Remote Sensing/GIS
- Basic Space and Atmospheric Science
- Satellite Communications
- Satellite Meteorology and Global Climate
- Global Navigation Satellite System
- Requirements for the Programme:
- Minimum of BSc./B.Tech Degree in Physics, Applied Geophysics, Meteorology, Geology, Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Computer Science and Geography, Remote Sensing/GIS or any other Science related course from any recognized university or institution.
- Minimum GCE ‘’O’’ Level (WASC, SSCE, NECO or NABTEB) entry requirement of five (5) credit passes including English language and Mathematics.
- Benefits of the Programme:
- Full sponsorship covering tuition fees, accommodation and return flight tickets provided by UNOOSA for foreign participants.
Application forms can be downloaded from the website: www.arcsstee.org.ng
Completed forms should be forwarded to email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to reach on or before 31st October, 2017.