Rongo University Courses Offered and Fees Structure
Rongo University (RU), formerly Rongo University College, was awarded Charter on 7th October 2016. The University is located 11 kilometers from Rongo Town and 2.5 kilometers off Rongo – Migori Highway. The mission of the University is to provide high quality education through teaching, research, community service and nurturing innovative graduates. Currently, the University has a student population of 6345 and a total staff complement of 458.
School of Arts and Social Sciences
- DIPLOMA IN ECONOMICS
- DIPLOMA IN CRIMINOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELPOMENT
- DIPLOMA IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- DIPLOMA IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LITERATURE
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LINGUISTICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH I.T
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ECONOMICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PENOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN KISWAHILI
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN GEOGRAPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PHILOSOPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY
- MASTERS OF ARTS IN:
- EXECUTIVE MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND POLICY
School of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Studies
DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- BSc. Environmental Science.
- BSc. In Agro forestry and Natural Resources.
DEPARTMENT OF AGRONOMY AND ANIMAL SCIENCE
- Diploma in Agriculture
- BSc. In Agriculture
- BSc. In Horticulture.
- BSc. In Agricultural Extensions and Education.
- BSc. In Food Science and Nutrition.
- MSc. – Soil Science
- Ph. D – Soil Science
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS AND AGRIBUSINESS
- BSc. Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- BSc. In Agribusiness and management.
School of Business and Human Resource Development
- Certificate in Housekeeping and Accommodation Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Project Planning & Management
- Bachelor of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Executive)
- Master in Business Management
School of Information, Communication and Media Studies
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION, JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- PhD in Communication Studies
- PhD in Communication and Public Relations
- MSc in Communication and Journalism.
- MSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- MSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- MSc in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- MSc in Information Sciences.
- MSc in Informatics.
- BSc in Communication and Journalism.
- BSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- BSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- B.A in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- BSc in Information Sciences.
- BSc in Informatics.
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Certificate in Library Studies with IT
Rongo University School of Education
- POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Executive Masters, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- UNDER-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Education Arts.
- Bachelor of Education, Special Needs.
- Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Education, Science.
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Arts.
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Sciences.
- Diploma in Early Childhood.
School of Science, Technology and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science General (Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Physics & Zoology)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics with Computing
Rongo University Contacts and Phone Number
The Vice Chancellor,
P.O. Box 103-40404,
Office line: 0770308253