THE ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
Admissions Quality Objectives
- To ensure that 70% of admission letters are done and dispatched three months before the opening date.
- To ensure students sign nominal role within the three weeks of opening date to comply with 20% rule.
- To ensure all faculty Interdepartmental transfer requests are handled within the first three weeks from the opening week from the opening date of every new academic year.
- To ensure students are issued with students identification cards within three weeks of opening date.
Rongo University has varied academic programmes and specializations in sciences, humanities, social sciences and Arts. Through self-sponsored programmes, opportunity has been opened to Kenyans and non-Kenyans, who for university admission.
Admission of first years, certificate, diploma and undergraduate students in Rongo University College is done after every academic year
Rongo University College has three intakes in an Academic year for all courses.
The advertisements for the intakes are usually carried in the local press two months before the intake
Application forms may be obtained from the University Main Campus at Kitere hill admissions office or through our website http://ruc.ac.ke/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/APPLICATION-FORM.pdf. Non-refundable application fee of Kshs 500 for diploma/certificate, Kshs 1000 for undergraduate Kshs 2000 for post graduate programmes. The application fee may be paid by Direct Deposit at any KCB or National Bank Branch into the Rongo University College Account. CASH and postal orders WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The completed application forms, copies of relevant academic certificates, copies of the application fees receipt should be returned or sent to Director, Privately Sponsored Students Programme (PSSP).
An applicant who for any reason is unable to take up the offer of admission will be required to inform the Deputy Academic Registrar by either filling in Form RUC F2 of the joining instructions or writing directly to the Deputy Academic Registrar. This information should reach the said office at least one week prior to the date of registration.
An applicant who fails to inform the Deputy Academic Registrar of his/her deferment of admission will be deemed to have forfeited his/her position and will be de-registered from the course admitted to.
Mode of Study
The mode of study is flexible and a student can study on full-time,open and Distance, weekend basis or on school based basis.
2018/2019 KUCCPS LIST
From the student list students, get your admission number and use it to log into the KUCCPS portal (from the links below) to get your admission letter and other documents.
School of Arts and Social Sciences
- DIPLOMA IN ECONOMICS
- DIPLOMA IN CRIMINOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELPOMENT
- DIPLOMA IN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- DIPLOMA IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LITERATURE
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN LINGUISTICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS WITH I.T
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ECONOMICS
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN ENGLISH
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PENOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN KISWAHILI
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN GEOGRAPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PHILOSOPHY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY
- BACHELORS OF ARTS IN SOCIOLOGY
- MASTERS OF ARTS IN:
- EXECUTIVE MASTERS IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND POLICY
School of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Studies
- DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- BSc. Environmental Science.
- BSc. In Agro forestry and Natural Resources.
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRONOMY AND ANIMAL SCIENCE
- Diploma in Agriculture
- BSc. In Agriculture
- BSc. In Horticulture.
- BSc. In Agricultural Extensions and Education.
- BSc. In Food Science and Nutrition.
- MSc. – Soil Science
- Ph. D – Soil Science
- DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS AND AGRIBUSINESS
- BSc. Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness.
- BSc. In Agribusiness and management.
School of Business and Human Resource Development
- Certificate in Housekeeping and Accommodation Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
- Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Project Planning & Management
- Bachelor of Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Bachelor of Tourism Management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA Executive)
- Master in Business Management
School of Information, Communication and Media Studies
- Department of communication, Journalism and Media Studies
- Department of Information Studies
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION, JOURNALISM AND MEDIA STUDIES
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- PhD in Communication Studies
- PhD in Communication and Public Relations
- MSc in Communication and Journalism.
- MSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- MSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- MSc in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- MSc in Information Sciences.
- MSc in Informatics.
- BSc in Communication and Journalism.
- BSc in Graphics and Advertising.
- BSc in Communication and Public Relation.
- B.A in Linguistics, Media and Communication with IT
- BSc in Information Sciences.
- BSc in Informatics.
- Diploma in Media and Journalism with IT
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Certificate in Library Studies with IT
Rongo University School of Education
- POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Executive Masters, Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- UNDER-GRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Bachelor of Education Arts.
- Bachelor of Education, Special Needs.
- Bachelor of Education, Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Education, Science.
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Arts.
- Diploma in Secondary Education, Sciences.
- Diploma in Early Childhood.
Rongo University School of Science, Technology and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science General (Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Physics & Zoology)
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Statistics with Computing