COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIPS IN LOW AND MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES 2017
Following the establishment of the CSFP endowment fund in 2009, a new strand of Commonwealth Scholarships located in low and middle income countries is available. 2017 Commonwealth Scholarships Applications are now open for Master’s scholarships for courses beginning in September2017 in:
Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Pakistan, Rwanda, Swaziland, Uganda and West Indies
Closing date for applications: 10th March, 2017
- Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country (NB: Kenyans candidates CANNOT apply for consideration in Kenya Universities and Vice Versa).
- Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.
- The scholarships caters for return economy airfare from the scholar’s home country to the host country An arrival allowance of USD 500 to cover removal costs, Full tuition fees and A monthly/quarterly stipend intended to cover living costs, sustenance and local transport. Scholars will need to cover accommodation costs from their stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the commonwealth Commission website on:https://www.acu.ac.uk/focus-areas/scholarships/commonwealth-scholarships/.
- From that page, click through to the separate Country page to see the full details.
- Email the completed application form to the email address detailed on the relevant country page above.
- With your application you should submit: High school certificates, Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate, Scan of photo page of passport, Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language, At least one academic reference, University offer letter for the institution you have applied to, if you already have oneUniversity admission.
- If possible you should have already applied to the University for Admission to your desired course when you submit the scholarship application.
- Any scholarship offer will be provisional upon the applicant being able to obtain unconditional admission to the relevant course to start by mid-2016. Contact the University for Information on course application deadlines.
- To find out more send any enquiries to the contact email address given for each host country.
- Following your application, ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTSwill be notified within three months of the closing date.
- The scholarships are for Master’s courses only and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started.
- No additional funding will be provided for scholars with families.