Apply today for the Government internship opportunities>>>>NEW>>>NEW!!!!!!APPLY TODAY
The state targets to hire 3000 interns through the Public Service Commission in August 2019. The interns will be paid kshs 25000 monthly. The qualified and selected interns will be posted to various stations by mid-September 2019.
This is an opportunity for thousands of fresh graduates to gain experience and earn in a country where unemployment rate stands at 40 percent.
Fresh graduates are generally viewed as lacking specialized market skills and experience to perform tasks, reducing their chances of getting direct employment after graduation.
The recruitment will focus on all the 290 constituencies in the country where by the plan is to recruit at least 30 interns per constituency.
The Public Service Internship Programme(PSIP) is a government initiative designed to offer the opportunity for university and college graduates to acquire and develop valuable technical and professional skills while gaining work experience.
Requirements and Qualifications
For appointment to an internship position a candidate must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university
- Have graduated from college not earlier than the year 2015
- Be proficient in computer skills; and
- Be eager to learn the operations of the public service
Public Service Internship Duties and Responsibilities
- Completing duties mutually agreed upon and assigned by the supervisor
- Documenting relevant skills acquired in their ares of deployment;and
- Actively participating in Activities designed for purposes of mentorship
Successful interns will be entitled to:
a) Sick leave, annual leave and compassionate leave as applicable in the prevailing public service regulations;
b) Payment of monthly stipend and subsistence allowance when out of duty station at the rates prescribed in the public service guidelines; and
c) Certificate of Internship Program.
At the time of reporting, successful interns shall be required to produce:
- Original academic Certificates;
- Valid certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- National Identity Card (ID) or Passport;
- PIN certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Two (2) colored passport size photographs; and
- Shall be vetted and sign a standardized security declaration form.
The internship will run for Twelve(12) months
Upon successful completion of the Internship programme, the intern will be awarded a certificate and a recommendation letter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified graduates are requested to make applications ONLINE through the Commission’s job portal accessible through www.publicservice.go.ke or www.psckjobs.go.ke by 16th August 2019.
Qualified and shortlisted candidates will be conducted via the email and contacts.